Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 1 1 2

Eikon API Refresh on Selection throwing an error: Server side error.

All of a sudden Eikon Refresh on Selection or Workbook is not working anymore. Does anybody has the same problem? It started on May 15, 2017.

Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21 1 1 2

Hi @Nipat Kunvutipongsak

The ticket was raised and a patch was already applied by Reuters.

I do not get anymore "Server side error" message.

FYI

Case: 05511303 Server side error in Eikon Excel

Date opened: 2017/05/15

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @aionete

If I understand you correctly, the issue you're reporting is that in Excel when you select a cell containing =TR function and click Refresh Selection button in Thomson Reuters ribbon the function returns an error message. If this is indeed the case you should call Thomson Reuters Helpdesk in your country or use Contact Us capability in Eikon application to raise the issue to Thomson Reuters support, who will be able to diagnose the problem and resolve it. This forum is for developers using Thomson Reuters APIs. If contrary to my interpretation the issue you experience is related to any Thomson Reuters APIs, then could you please elaborate on the description of the issue? Exact replication steps would be most helpful.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1.9k 7 10 16

Hello @Anelys,

Referring to @Alex Putkov.'s answer, Is it true that the product is Eikon's Excel? Have you escalated this issue to Thomson Reuters Helpdesk already?

Anyway, I've found that they are a several issues regarding "Server side error.", and the resolutions are as follows:

1. Eikon Excel displays this error message if a workbook with several functions/formula is simultaneously pulling up a huge amount of data. Hence, the workaround is to split out the amount of data by creating a separate workbook for the other RICs or for the other data items.
  2. The issue went away after restarting the PC and refreshing the page on Excel.
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21 1 1 2

The issue is well known at Reuters as a BUG.

A patch was applied last week.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.