For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
35 7 9 12

what are the status messages given by Elektron API when either Reuters servers or circuits fail? Ex: Item is stale, F56 Host Down

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkstale
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Chaitanya.Vishnubhotla

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Chaitanya.Vishnubhotla

When you receive a StatusMsg in EMA it should contain an OMMState object.

If you refer to the documentation for OMMState you will note it contains a DataState, StatusCode and StreamState indicators

DataState represents validity of the Data - i.e. is the Data OK or is it Suspect (e.g. Stale)

StreamState represents the state of the actual Data stream i.e. is the Stream still Open or has it been Closed,or is it Snapshot only (NonStreaming). So, for a Stale item you could have StreamState=OK, but DataState=Suspect

StatusCode is qualifier which tries to provide a reason for the current State e.g. Source Unknown, NotAuthorized, TimeOut etc.

The OMMState can also include additional StatusText explaining the current state - the text can vary depending on the source / provider and existing string values could change over time. Therefore you must NOT base any programming decisions on the value of the Status Text - it should only be used for information / logging purposes

For a full list of StatusCodes, StreamStates and DataStates please refer to the Reference documentation which is included with the Elektron SDK package Ema/Docs/refman/emajava folder or online at:

OMMState

StatusCode

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
35 7 9 12

Hi Team,

That means, if I find a status message of "F56: Host Down", I can say like that either the Reuters server or circuit connecting those servers are not functioning properly?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
35 7 9 12

Hi Team,
Also when I am trying to run the Elektron API in Multithreading mode I am getting the below error

SelectableBiDirectionalQueue.write: failed, execption=null stacktrace=[Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@52e4941

Can you please help me
icon clock
10 |1500

I think this is another problem statement than the original query. So, you should better post it as a new separated thread for the recent one. Thank you.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

I have personally never seen the F56 message - but it would be fair to assume that somewhere along the connection between your app and the server, there has been loss of communication e.g. no heartbeat being received from the host/process.

As mentioned previously, the actual text is for informational / reporting purposes only. The Data and Stream States are the more important ones.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.