question

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Documentation for bulk entity Open PermID files

Is there any detailed documentation about all the fields in the Open PermID bulk entity download files? Specifically what the different kinds of relationships in the people file mean (e.g. what's the difference between "hasTenureInOrganization" and "holdsPosition")?

Thanks!

permid-apiintelligent-tagging-apiopen-permid-apidocumentation
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Contacted CLF HelpDesk to answer this question.

@matthew, I'm not sure whether this question has been answered off the forum or not. Can you let me know if your doubt has been cleared already.

Thanks,

AHS

matthew avatar image   matthew Nipat Kunvutipongsak

I still don't know the difference between hasTenureInOrganization and holdsPosition - at the moment I'm treating them as essentially the same thing, but not sure that I should be. Thanks!

@matthew

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Contacted CLF HelpDesk to answer this further question.

Contacted CLF HelpDesk and Matthew Hulbert to answer this further question.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
1 0 0 0

The TenureInOrganization object provides information about all the organizations the person worked for as an Officer or Director and is directly related to the person object. Note that if a person held two officership roles in a single company, the API response includes a single TenureInOrganization object but two Officership objects. The TenureInOrganization object defines the fields described in the following table.

You can learn more about the different person fields available via UI, API and Bulk in https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/sites/default/files/Open%20PermID%20-%20Release%20Notes%20R2%200.pdf

We are currently working on consolidating this info the user guide.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for the clarification on TenureInOrganization - but I still don't know what the difference between that and holdsPosition is. Is holdsPosition the current roles for the person and hasTenureInOrganization the historical? Or should I just be focusing on hasTenure and ignoring holdsPosition altogether?

Thanks!

Hello @tsafi.tsur.registered, it seems like the customer still has further questions, so can you comeback and enlighten the customer.

Contacted tasfi via "Ask an Expert" to follow up on the comment to provide more information.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.