Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 3

Why does Eikon API Proxy not open on Mac?

I downloaded and installed API Proxy on my Mac (2015 MacBook Pro running OS Sierra). I double click the program to run it. The icon appears in the tray at the top of the screen. A window appears that reads 'Loading Login Page...' then everything disappears.

Please advise.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apimac-os
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The customer has a further question, so I've mentioned pierre.faurel in the comment, and extended triage 1 week.

@cwells

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @cwells,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @cwells,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

According to the Proxy version, the filepath on Mac is :
\users\<username>\ScriptingProxy\Logs\Eikon.*
or \users\<username>\Eikon API Proxy\Logs\Eikon.*

Another way to find logs with Finder : sort on date created then check last created files named Eikon.*

About the possible cause, we found that several users facing to the same issue had expired their trial account for Eikon (https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/16551/view.html)

So you should verify your permissions for Eikon with the support.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

It seems to be similar to https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/16551/eikon-api-proxy-does-not-open.html issue except you reproduce the issue on Mac.

Could check the Eikon.<yyyymmdd>.p<iiii>.log that is generated each time you start Eikon API Proxy and share the content ?

Regards

icon clock
10 |1500

Dear @pierre.faurel,

Apparently, the customer has a further question. Can you come back and check it, please?

Upvotes
1 0 1 3

Hi @pierre.faurel, I would be glad to post that log here. Any idea where this file gets stored on a Mac? I can't find it anywhere.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.