Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
17 2 6 7

Is Eikon API down?

<module> df_chain1 = ek.get_data(chain_id, fields=field2, parameters={"SDate":date_end2, "EDate":date_start2, "Frq":"D"})

"C:\Program Files\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\eikon\data_grid.py", line 141, in get_data result = eikon.json_requests.send_json_request(DataGrid_UDF_endpoint, payload, debug=debug) File "C:\Program Files\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\eikon\json_requests.py", line 82, in send_json_request check_server_error(result) File "C:\Program Files\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\eikon\json_requests.py", line 130, in check_server_error raise requests.HTTPError(error_message, response=server_response) requests.exceptions.HTTPError: Either datapoint 'DataGrid' doesn't exist or you do not have permission to execute this datapoint.

Hi I've been using Eikon API for quite a while.

Just a moment ago, I received this error. Is the API down?

Thanks.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes

Oh, I have Same problem today!!

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
23 7 2 9

Same problem here...

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18 2 2 6

Same problem here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
23 7 2 9

Seems like it is up&running again. What about you? @XxFaTexX @kengo_takahashi @Jan

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
17 2 6 7

Hey Tomas, likewise.

Looks like someone fixed it.

I would like to know why and if this issue would happen again.

Can someone from TR shed some light?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello Alex Putkov,

Any idea or assumption or analysis for the original question?

Hi Nipat. I reported this issue to Iain Scott the day after the incident. He said he will check with the dev team. I just sent him a follow up e-mail and received an out of office autoreply stating he's on vacation until Sep 18th.

Thank you. It would be great if you post a response to be seen by the customers once you get the update from Iain and the dev team.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.