Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 4

What is Forecast Dividend Cash Flows Data Item Code?

Hi,

I cannot figure out where Forecast Dividend Cash Flow values are coming from in this table from Events --> Dividend Overview:

I would like to extract this exact information with an Eikon API using eikon.get_data() function.

Can someone help me figure out what Data Item Code this is using?

Thank you in advance!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidata
temp1.png (22.6 KiB)
temp2.png (19.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

To the best of my knowledge these projected dividend cashflows only exist on pages like PNDORADIVCF.CO, which you can view in a Quote app. Each line on these pages is a field named ROW80_1, ROW80_2, ..., ROW80_25, and the value is an 80 character string.
To retrieve this data into Python use ek.get_data('PNDORADIVCF.CO',['ROW80_7', 'ROW80_8', ... , 'ROW80_25']).
Once you retrieve the values of fields ROW80_7 - ROW80_25, you will need to parse the dates and the dividend amounts from the string representing the line on the page.
There may be a better way of doing this, I'm just not aware of it. The best way to clear content questions such as this one is to contact Thomson Reuters Helpdesk by either calling the Helpdesk number in your country or using Contact Us capability in Eikon, and ask them how to best retrieve this data into Excel. Once they tell you how to retrieve the data into Excel, translating the syntax of Excel worksheet function into Eikon Python method call is quite trivial.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you so much! It is exactly as you've described. This helped me a lot!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.