question

Upvotes
Accepted
53 4 5 7

Can I subscribe to my own POSTs on same RFA connection?

I'm currently developing an application which uses an OMMConsumer and POST functionality to send out updates. Can I also subscribe to these updates to check that they are going out OK? I have tried to do this but on some case the RSSL.0 log file shows the POSTs going out

Msg Type: MsgType.POST

Msg Model Type: MARKET_PRICE

Indication Flags: POST_INIT | POST_COMPLETE

Hint Flags: HAS_ATTRIB_INFO | HAS_ID | HAS_PUBLISHER_INFO

Id: 4

Publisher Address: 0xa65fc83

Publisher Id: 13292

AttribInfo

ServiceId: 8003

Name: DUMMY_TEST_RECORD

NameType: 1 (RIC)

Payload: 23 bytes

FIELD_LIST

FIELD_ENTRY 22: 4b0094c32b

FIELD_ENTRY 25: 4b009641ea

But shows no messages being received from the subscription, although the log suggests the subscription happened OK:

Received handle com.reuters.rfa.internal.session.omm.OMMSubHandleImpl@11c4c912

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetreprfaOMMpost
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

What are you posting to? (i.e. what is service 8003 ?). How do you the expect service 8003 to respond to your posting? As pointed out by David Thomas, how the posting is handled by the endpoint depends entirely on that endpoint. Most services do not accept postings at all. You also need to check if you get an ACK or a NACK back as a result of your posting.

Yes, you can subscribe to your own postings if what you are posting to acts as re-publisher. For example the ATS does this.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
665 3 5 6

Hello @alan.bain

This is possible but your application would be subscribing to the service that it is posting to and as such it is entirely up to the provider application supporting the service as to what happens when it 1)receives a post message and 2)receives a subscription.

e

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.