Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 1 3

RIC for news headline or story

When retrieving news headlines or the news story, is there a way to get the RIC? I am not using the RIC in my query...

eikoneikon-data-apipythonworkspacerefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspace-data-apinews
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I don't think I understand the question. There's at least a couple of different ways I can interpret it, but I'd rather not. Would you mind rephrasing or elaborating?

I am doing a get_news_headlines API request in Python using a query that does NOT have RIC as one of the criteria (e.g. 'NS:BSW). When I get the list of headlines back, I can't tell what RIC is referenced in the story, the way I am used to when watching headlines scrolling in EIKON with "Display RICs" on. Even after I perform a get_news_story for one of the stories, I still don't see the RIC associated with the story (if there is one) come back from the API.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 78 11 27

Thanks a lot for the clarification. I'm afraid the API does not currently provide the capability you're looking for.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Can I check, has there been any updates to the API to read affected RIC code from News?

Thanks!

icon clock
10 |1500

@kian.liong.ang

The question that has an accepted answer will not be montitored by the moderators.

Please submit a new question and specify the API product that you are using.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.