Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 1 3

RIC for news headline or story

When retrieving news headlines or the news story, is there a way to get the RIC? I am not using the RIC in my query...

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apinews
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I don't think I understand the question. There's at least a couple of different ways I can interpret it, but I'd rather not. Would you mind rephrasing or elaborating?

I am doing a get_news_headlines API request in Python using a query that does NOT have RIC as one of the criteria (e.g. 'NS:BSW). When I get the list of headlines back, I can't tell what RIC is referenced in the story, the way I am used to when watching headlines scrolling in EIKON with "Display RICs" on. Even after I perform a get_news_story for one of the stories, I still don't see the RIC associated with the story (if there is one) come back from the API.

Hi @gasch

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Thanks a lot for the clarification. I'm afraid the API does not currently provide the capability you're looking for.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Can I check, has there been any updates to the API to read affected RIC code from News?

Thanks!

icon clock
10 |1500

@kian.liong.ang

The question that has an accepted answer will not be montitored by the moderators.

Please submit a new question and specify the API product that you are using.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.