Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 3

Response: Backend error. 400 Bad Request

Dear Community,

so I recently started to play around with the Python Eikon Interface. Unfortunately for my latest code, I get a Backend error: 400 Bad Request - Honestly I don't know why. Funnily, it worked two days ago ...

My goal ist to split a list I have in even chunks of 1000 values per list and then get the data. Listdf is a flat list with RICS in the proper format. Thanks in advance.

chunksize = 1000
for i in range (0, len(listdf), chunksize):
    chunk = listdf[i:i+chunksize]
list2 =[]
for i in range (0, len(listdf), chunksize):
    list2.append(ek.get_data(listdf[i:i+chunksize], ["TR.Revenue"]))
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierrorerror-400
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
78.2k 246 52 72

If the request failed periodically, it could be timeout.

As I know, for the DataGrid service used by get_data, there is around 19 seconds' time-frame to execute the request. If it takes more than 19 seconds, it will return 400 Bad Request.

You may try to reduce the chucksize.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I am facing the same issue since 2 days for trying to fetch closePrice for single day only, for list of RIC's. After few request i get the famous 400 bad request.server error whereby i reduce the chucksize drastically (tried all from 1 to 500 chunksizes) but the request keeps failing with the same error? Is there any way to reproduce this at you end and some workaround this ?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.