Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

SEC Filing financial Data

Hi,
I want to retrieve the SEC filing reports(10-K, 10-Q and 8-K)) financial data for a company which I assume is supporting by Eikon API. But I'm not able to find the API Endpoint. Can you please share the API Endpoint in this regard.

Thanks
Hardayal Singh

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidata
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@hardayal.msit
In order to use any Eikon APIs you need to have Eikon user credentials and you need to have Eikon installed. If you already have Eikon installed I suggest you follow the Quick Start guide for Eikon Data APIs to get you going with the data retrieval using Eikon Data APIs.
https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-data-apis/quick-start
I hope this helps. If it doesn't quite answer your question, please let me know.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

Thanks Alex for the update.
I installed the Eikon on my machine. But i am not able to create/generate - "Application ID".
While I'm opening Eikon Data API, it closes automatically even I did close all other browser sessions. Can you please look into this.

Regards,
Hardayal Singh

icon clock
10 |1500

@hardayal.msit
Sorry, I don't think I quite understand the problem you're reporting. Would you mind elaborating? If you could provide a detailed step by step replication procedure, that would be most helpful. What do you mean by "opening Eikon Data API"? Are you able to start Eikon application successfully and login with your Eikon account credentials?

screen-shot-2018-03-05-at-85839-pm.pngNo, I am not able to login..it's showing..loading....
Please find attached the screenshot for further information.

In the screenshot you're launching the App ID Generator in a browser. Instead you need to launch it from Eikon application. Start Eikon application (not the browser version, but the full fat client installed locally on your PC), then type in the command/search bar "application ID generator" and pick the app from the autosuggest.

Show more comments
Upvotes
1 1 1 1

Hi @Alex Putkov.
Can you please a create application id/share a test application.

icon clock
10 |1500

During Eikon Data API Beta there's no validity check for application ID. You can pass any non empty string to set_app_id method. This will change when the API is officially launched, but for now you can use any string as app ID. Your Eikon entitlements however are checked every time you start Eikon and every time you send a data request. This said I don't think the problem you're facing is related to the app ID. It sounds like you have other issues to resolve here such as installing Eikon and making sure you can successfully launch it. See my comment to your previous post on this thread.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.