question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

Creating Custom Tags and Importing Ontologies

I've just started looking at Open Calais. I used it to tag a few documents. One issue is that my application is for a semantic Cognitive Science portal. To provide a tool for researchers to do semantic searches on various researchers, topics, etc. For example "find documents that disagree with the blank slate empiricist hypothesis" which would return things like Steven Pinker's book The Blank Slate. Many of the tags are business focused and aren't very relevant to what I want to do. At the same time I want to provide a lot more depth in the Science tags, not just things like Computer Science or Linguistics but hierarchies such as Linguistics>Computational Linguistics>X Bar Theory. I have a lot of experience developing OWL ontologies with Protege, is it possible for me to upload my own ontology? Or are there other ways for me to customize the tags?

intelligent-tagging-apiintelligent-taggingopen-calais-apisemantic-metadata-tagging
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @bfa16f35-cb42-4e5e-a760-cf30979be1f6,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@bfa16f35-cb42-4e5e-a760-cf30979be1f6
Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
331 1 2 2

It is not possible to upload your own ontology or to customize the tags. Customization can be done only on the client side.

Regards,

Eran

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

When you say "on the client side" does this mean that any global customization at all is impossible? So to use my example above if I wanted the class hierarchy: Linguistics>Computational Linguistics>X Bar Theory I could add that as part of my user customization but not a general customization to the shared knowledge base? That seems to be what you are saying but I just want to be clear because if that's the case I don't think it's a good fit for what we need so I want to be certain on that question. Thanks.

Jut to make sure that its clear - no customization is supported.

Hello @Eran S., can you comeback and check an additional question from the customer. Thank you in advance.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.