For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
1 1 2 2

All requests returning 401

Following the quick start, every request returns 401. Interceptor is installed and activated.

world-checkworld-check-oneerrorerror-401
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.2k 8 5 6

Hello @rowood ,

Kindly check the date header value you are sending. The date header value has to correct and exact for the API request to be successful.

Can you send me the screenshot of the error using Postman so that I can look into it?

Also, we recommend our clients to use Native Postman to send API requests as it has Postman Console which makes debugging errors easier.

Request to install the native version of Postman and try sending a request (Note: This does not require Interceptor to be installed and switched on). If you encounter an error, kindly send me the Postman Console logs so that I can look into it.

The steps to do that is as follows:

Click on “View” and then on “Show Postman Console”. This will open a dialog box which will have a list of requests that you have sent. Click on the request for which you got the error. Copy the entire text under it and sent it over.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 2 2

Console output:

GET https://rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com/v1/groups 11:57:22.825 Pretty Raw
    • Request Headers:
      • date:"Fri, 27 Apr 2018 15:57:22 GMT"
      • authorization:"Signature keyId="4f6edb6a-0250-47c3-bdd0-d696998ee1b6",algorithm="hmac-sha256",headers="(request-target) host date",signature="RV51XRBzVQIhDW49CA00ROwi9SIYI4D8Uoaz9KTMbDI=""
      • cache-control:"no-cache"
      • postman-token:"8e0d31d5-69fc-4c4e-9aec-21e0819beab0"
      • user-agent:"PostmanRuntime/7.1.1"
      • accept:"*/*"
      • host:"rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com"
      • accept-encoding:"gzip, deflate"
    • Response Headers:
      • x-application-context:"application"
      • authorization:"WWW-Authenticate: Signature realm="World-Check One API",algorithm="hmac-sha256",headers="(request-target) host date content-type content-length"
      • transfer-encoding:"chunked"
      • date:"Fri, 27 Apr 2018 15:57:22 GMT"
      • server:""""
    • Response Body:
401 245ms JSONError | No data, empty input at 1:1 ^
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4.2k 8 5 6

Hi @rowood,

I see that you are sending API requests to the Pilot environment. However, the API key that you are using belongs to your Production environment. Hence, you are receiving a 401 unauthorized error for all your requests.

Please check the API key and secret before sending your API requests. API requests sent to pilot environment will be successful if you are using the Pilot API credentials.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.