question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 2 1

How do I set GuaranteedOutputBuffer programatically?

I'm running into the problem with insufficient output buffers. I'm using OmmConsumerConfig, but not EmaConfig.xml. Is there a way to set GuaranteedOutputBuffer programatically? I couldn't find an example on the forums, in the samples, or the EMA javadoc.

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/7929/logging-reqmsg-using-ema-api.html

Thanks,

Shawn

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apijavaconfiguration
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

GuaranteedOutputBuffers is not exposed programmatically, you will have to set it from file-based config.

In my experience, hard-coded config is best suitable for simple examples, and production-strength applications require the flexibility of a file-based configuration.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

If hard-coded, true, but our configs are metadata driven, so where it's exposed, I can easily have multiple configs within a single process (for different users), that can also be easily be updated dynamically rather than having to allow people to edit files, or hook in a file generation system.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.