Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 1

Convert Currency Number to Name

Hi,

cuurently I'am working on an wpf application using the ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.Signed to fetch realtime date from EIKON.

I need to find the currency of a certain ric and to convert it to the currency string. For example RIC = NFLX.O, the currency is USD but the value returned for the currency through the API is 840.

Where can I feind teh enumeration which converts the currency number to the actual currency name?

Kind regards

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apic#forex
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@dpuschmann
Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@dpuschmann I think you should use value.ToString() rather than value.RawValue:

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 1 1 1

Thank you! That did help!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 3 6

Hi. Would the same trick work if I am using RDP API in C# ? thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

@melarbi

Old threads with accepted answers are not monitored by forum moderators. To ask a new question, always start a new thread. I'm afraid, I cannot give you a straight answer to your question, as I'm not sure what you mean by "RDP API". In this context it could refer to a couple of different things. I suggest you start a new thread and describe the challenge you're looking to solve in more detail. A code sample would be most useful to understand the problem you're looking to solve.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.