Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 0 1

.NET API: Retrieve TR fields

Is it possible to retrieve "TR." type fields from the Eikon 4 Desktop Data .NET API?

for example can i retrieve daily timeseries data of the following fields TR.CLOSEPRICE, TR.EPSActValue for VOD.L ?

I guess is similar to question

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/9848/how-do-i-retrieve-the-data-which-naming-as-trxxxxx.html

but I was hoping there was an update since 2016.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apitime-series.net
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Eikon COM and .NET APIs are in care & maintenance. They do not receive any new enhancements.The APIs we're actively enhancing as part of Eikon product are Eikon Data APIs, which are currently available through Python and R ease of use libraries. We will be introducing more language specific ease of use libraries for this API in the future (including a .NET one), we will be publishing underlying language agnostic API and introducing new capabilities such as the capability to retrieve streaming market data.
At the moment however the only option to retrieve TR.* fields into a .NET application is through DEX2 library of Eikon COM APIs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 1 0 1

Thank you!

I guess basically Eikon Data API is Websocket/RESTful API and Python and R libraries are interfaces to that?

icon clock
10 |1500

You're absolutely correct. Python and R libraries are ease of use interfaces on top of Websockets and RESTful APIs. The purpose of these libraries is to make data retrieval using specific languages as simple as Excel worksheet functions in Eikon Excel add-in.

Cool! FYI, I have found this .NET easy of use interface:

https://github.com/TR-API-Samples/Article.EikonDataAPI.DotNet.Library

which I guess is "unofficial" but it is similar to Python and R libraries and it does retrieves TR.* fields.

Thanks. I didn't realize this library was already published. Yes, just like all the other ease of use libraries this is an open source project. The only ease of use library we will officially support is the Python one. But we also intend to seed a number of similar ease of use libraries for a variety of popular dev environments as open source community owned projects. The library for R was the first one published as part of this effort, the .NET one is the second and there's more to come.

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.