Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
20 1 1 3

C# code to retrieve Vessel information by Name or Vessel Code

Hello Friend

Good day

I wanna ask how to code in C# to retrieve the Vessel data by name or by vessel code.

Example is I want find the vessel information like type, previous port, current location, destination, etc from this parameter: vessel name = Clipper Freeport or vessel code = C}KY7309846678

May be some of sample code to download and try.

Thanks

regards,

THEN ARIFIN

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apic#vessel
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

This functionality is available in the COM API called DEX, take a look at this tutorial.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ok thanks, Zhenya

Upvotes
20 1 1 3

Or may be someone have sample code or what parameters I should key-in to retrieve list of information like previous port, current location, destination, etc

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

The best way to discover field names and parameters is by using Data Item Browser app in Eikon or Formula Builder in Eikon Excel. Use C}KY7309846678 as instrument and browse or search for the fields available and the parameters applicable for each field. E.g. for the data items you mentioned use field names TR.AssetLocation, TR.AssetDestinationPort, TR.AssetPreviousPort.
In the example from the tutorial mentioned by @Zhenya Kovalyov you can use these inputs in Step #3: Asset Class: C}KY7309846678, Field List: TR.AssetLocation;TR.AssetDestinationPort;TR.AssetPreviousPort.

Thanks @Alex Putkov. Very clear explanation. Thank you.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.