Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

Datastream: Sovereign CDS spread and underlying bond

I'm new to Datastream, and I have a limited knowledge of it, but I'm learning so please bear with me! :)

So I know how to find, download, extract, ... sovereign CDS spreads (I'm interested in CDS with 5y and 10y maturity). But I don't how to find their underlying sovereign debt/bond. I don't know how to find, with Datastream, the bond that has been used to calculate a specific CDS spread. For example, I can download the CDS for UK government "GBG5EAC"; but I don't know which 5y sovereign debt/bond in the list I should download when I'm searching for it. The thing is, I need to get the reference code for the bond in order to obtain the corresponding credit rating.

I hope I've been clear enough.

Thanks in advance for your help.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidatastream-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@egm1u14

Hello,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @egm1u14

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@egm1u14
This forum is for software developers using Thomson Reuters APIs. The moderators on this forum don't have the expertise to answer general product or content search and explanation questions for Thomson Reuters products like the one you posted. You need to direct your question to Thomson Reuters Helpdesk by either calling the Helpdesk phone number in your country or by following the link below:
http://my.thomsonreuters.com/ContactUsNew

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.