question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

How to disable automatic TR data refresh in Excel?

When opening a workbook that contains TR data, the links are refreshing automatically. How can I disable the automatic update, and switch to a purely manual refresh, i.e. by using the refresh buttons in the TR add-in ribbon?

eikoneikon-com-apiexcelvbarefresh
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @ralph.nohe

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

AHS - see my answer below. Consider this closed. THX.

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@ralph.nohe
I'm afraid was no mention that you wanted to use VBA in your original post, hence the misunderstanding. If you want to use VBA to refresh Eikon Excel functions in your workbooks, please see this thread.
Does this give you what you're looking for?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@ralph.nohe
This forum is for software developers using Thomson Reuters APIs. Your question would be best directed at Thomson Reuters Helpdesk, as it's not related to software development.
To answer your question, you have two options: switch Excel to manual calc or click Pause updates button on Thomson Reuters tab in Excel ribbon.
If you need any further assistance with this, please contact Thomson Reuters Helpdesk by either calling the Helpdesk number in your country or by using Contact Us capability in Eikon application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 2

The answer provided is not exactly what really helps me because I was looking for a more sophisticated approach using VBA and the macros underlying the TR Excel plugin. Yes, indeed I am not a registered TR API developer, but I wasn’t getting an in depth assistance from the regular TR helpdesk when contacting them separately, so I hoped for a much more detailed support. Thanks anyways!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.