Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

Earnings release dates and time (BMO/AMC) using R Eikon

I am trying to retrieve historical earnings release dates and time using R. At the moment I use the package https://github.com/CharlesCara/DatastreamDSWS2R/blob/master/README.md to connect to Eikon Datastream.

Here is the code I use:

# Get quantmod

if (!require("quantmod")) { install.packages("quantmod") library(quantmod) }

install.packages("devtools")

require(devtools)

install_github("CharlesCara/DatastreamDSWS2R")

options(Datastream.Username = " ************ ")

options(Datastream.Password = " ************ ")

require("DatastreamDSWS2R")

require("xts")

## create a connection

mydsws <- dsws$new()

IBES <- mydsws$timeSeriesRequest(instrument = "US0378331005", datatype = "EPSISURDTE", startDate = "1990-01-01", endDate = "2018-01-31" )

IBES<-as.Date(unique(IBES$US0378331005))

The problem is that with this code I only get the dates without the information if the earnings release is After Market close or before maket open.

I need this information (AMC/BMO) and don't fine the right datatype to get it.

Does anybody know how to retrieve using R (NOT EXCEL) the historical information about AMC/BMO???

Thank you in advance for your help!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidatacorporate-events
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @basicj,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is a reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

-AHS

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is a reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

EPSISURDTE is simply a date field of when the actual is processed and the fiscal period shifted, this is within that working day. This relates to neither the opening or closing of the market. Therefore there would not be a related datatype.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

@basicj, this API is not produced or supported by Thomson Reuters, I suggest you raise all of the questions to the developer of the API directly.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.