question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 2

ATS Contribution not working with ValueAdd since migration from RFA 7.4 to RFA8

treprfarfa-apicontributionsATS
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sorry, I missed to detail the question a bit. Let me explain the situation.

My application is working on RFA 7.4 for quite a long time now, and fills 2 common goals:

- read a RIC (ATS or IDN)

- contribute an ATS RIC on any field of its.

Recently, I've been asked to migrate my application from RFA 7.4 to RFA8. I managed to compile, and test reading a RIC successfully.

But, the contribution doesn't give any result since this migration. My log does not provide any information on this bad behaviour (probably because I don't log enough).

My application uses the ValueAdd example.

I really need help.

Régis

<AHS Only>

This post has been escalated to Service Cloud case 06825190. TRDC is investigating this case.

@regis.periot

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

The post message doesn’t have the PostID. We can replicate the same issue with StarterConsumer_Post by not specifying the PostID in the post message. The post message could be sent but there was no update message sent from ATS 1.5 to the consumer.

To avoid this problem, the application must set the PostID in the post message. The PostMsg PostID number uniquely identifies atomic Post Message.

postMsg.PostID = (uint)postID;
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @regis.periot,

Are you contributing to ATS via OMM Post in RFA 8?

Are you working in RFA Java?

Then perhaps this past discussion will be of help in identifying the cause.

(I am thinking that in RFA 7.4 you may have had it as SSL insert)

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 2

Hi Zoya,

I'm working in C#, and post ATS message via OMM, yes.

The problem is a bit complicated in fact.

My application can still contribute on a TREP-RT V2.6 server, but not on a V3. And my logs don't provide any error of contribution.

I hope this elements help. :)

Régis

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @regis.periot

If your RFA 7.4 and RFA 8 applications can successfully Post to TREP v2.6 - but not to TREP v3 - then it is more likely that the TREP v3 instance has not been configured correctly.

Your Market Data admin team will need to examine their TREP v3 configuration.

It may also be worth while running the StarterConsumer_Post example to see if that can Post successfully.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 2

Hi,

It's a bit what I think too. Even if we have already checked the TREP V3 config, it is probably the place to investigate.

I'll try running the StarterConsumer_Post example as you adviced.

Many thanks for all your answers.

BR

Régis

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 2

Hi @Umer Nalla,

My Market Data admin team and I tried some tests with my program, on one side, and via Excel/AddFin on the otherside. The contribution via AddFin works on the ATS RIC.

But is AddFin Library is based on RFA ? I'm not sure..

Besides, I managed to make the StarterConsumer_Post work but

weird things appear : I can get a correct image from the first SendMsg in the console, but from the 2d one, the values are not displayed anymore and we got instead "Status text : [2] : Contribution Partially Accepted". I don't really understand what is contributed in this project and how, for the config looks like :

\itemList = "name=TEST-RP;offStream=0;wantAck=1;df=msg"

\submitInterval = 5000

Anyway, this status seems a bit strange to me and may be bound to my initial issue.

Any idea about this ?

My Market Data admin team is waiting for your answer before looking further.

Many thanks in advance.

Régis

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @regis.periot

I have only ever seen the 'partially accepted' warning when a developer tried to post FID -1 (X_RIC_NAME) in an Update Post (rather than just with a ATS_INSERT_S type post) and also when attempting to post to a field that did not exist in the ATS record.

You could also try an off-stream post and see if that helps.

If none of the above helps, and since this forum is primarily for 'how to' type questions, I recommend you create a support ticket. This will allow our support team to work with you and help you diagnose the issue via log files / code examination etc.

Support Query

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 2

Hi @Umer Nalla,

Yes I think you are right. I'm going to open a ticket for this issue.

Many thanks for all.

Best regards.

Régis

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 2

Hi @Umer Nalla,

Sorry to bother you again : where can I open such a ticket please ? For your "Support Query" link does not work for me.

Thx

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @regis.periot

You can try opening a ticket via the MyTR page, failing that - ask your Market Data team if they can raise a support ticket on your behalf OR ask your Thomson Reuters Account manager if they can advise why the Support Query link does not work for you.

The support may be limited so certain accounts at your organisation

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.