Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 3 3

Access of Eikon time series hourly data without desktop application run

Hi,

I have Eikon API for python but I always need to run desktop Eikon application on windows to get the data with python. Is there any way or other API to get the time series historically data of security without running desktop application. Like it is big problem when I run it on the university computer.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidata
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@fkhalil

only enterprise level apis support this workflow, such as Datascope.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @fkhalil,

Eikon Data APIs requires Eikon Desktop to be running on the machine.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks a lot

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hello, I'm a Swiss student doing my final project. I need to get access of Eikon on my university computer and use the OpenWeatherMap API to get the historical weather data on hourly basis in certain areas. How can I do this without desktop application running on the PC?

Urs Bucher

__

Time series data building and stock market cap with python api to domyhomeworkonline

icon clock
10 |1500

If you need access to Eikon, you should reach out to Refinitiv Account Manager for your university, if there is any Eikon access provided.

I am not familiar with OpenWeatherMap API provided within Eikon Desktop.

@bucherhslu

If you have Eikon user account credentials you can use the Web version of Eikon: http://eikon.thomsonreuters.com/login. Alternatively you can install the desktop version of Eikon on any PC by downloading the software from http://eikon.thomsonreuters.com/

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.