Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
31 3 6 1

ID type being used for TR.ISIN or TR.ISINcode

Hello,

I'm using TR.ISIN and TR.ISINcode to request ISINs, my doubt is the following: is there any criteria or order of preference for the ID's we feed to the TR function?

Let me explain myself better. Suppose I have 3 lists: 1) a list of RICs, 2) a list of SEDOLS, 3) a list of mixed ID's. If I use any of the 3 inputs for TR.ISIN and TR.ISINcode, the outcomes should be the same, or should I tell the function that I'm using a particular type of ID for the request?

Thanks for any help you can provide, in advance :)

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

You should expect the same result barring a theoretically possible case of symbology clash, i.e. when the same symbol represents different entities depending on the symbology type. I don't believe there are any instances of that, but I cannot be totally certain.
If you'd like to explore this further I suggest you direct your question to Refinitiv Helpdesk by either calling the Helpdesk number in your country or by using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application. This forum is dedicated to software developers utilizing Refinitiv APIs. Your question is about content, data mapping and the functionality of Eikon Excel add-in. The best resource to help you with this is Refinitiv Helpdesk.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks a lot Alex! Will surely do :)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.