question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 5

Item request rejected, item count reached for this channel

Hi,

i have been trying to test for batch request by following the example 370. there are some items have been retrieved but most of them results as follows:

StatusMsg
    streamId="107"
    domain="MarketPrice Domain"
    state="Open / Suspect / Too many items / 'Item request rejected for stream id 3037- item count reached for this channel'"
    name="GR10YT=RR"
    serviceId="1"
    serviceName="DIRECT_FEED"
StatusMsgEnd

Message from the Provider:

Rejecting Item Request with streamId=3108 and domain MARKET_PRICE.  Reason: ITEM_COUNT_REACHED

After reading about maximum batch size, i am sure that ~80 RIC should be no problem as i have calculate the total bytes which is 1440. what could be the problem with this state?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apistatus
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @muhammadismoktar

Can you try one of the more advanced Performance Provider examples - those do not seem to have the same limits..

gradlew.bat runETAPerfProvider -PcommandLineArgs="-tickRate 20" 

I used the above to successfully make a Batch request for 120 items as a test. You can find more details on the Performance test tools in Java\Eta\Docs\ETAJ_PerfToolsGuide.pdf

If you continue to have problems, please provide an idea of what it is you are trying to achieve - so we can suggest alternative options. As mentioned earlier, most of the examples are for illustrative / code demonstration purposes only.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thank you very much, it's working now. i can retrieve all items in the batch. from here, i will be able to move on to my next agenda. thank you again. :)

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @muhammadismoktar

Are you connecting to your consumer to an example Provider application?

If so, please note at these examples are purely for demonstrating programming techniques and may have some hardcoded limits.

How many item do you receive successfully?

I have had a quick look at the ETA Provider example source code and can see some reference to an OPEN_LIMIT variable in the ItemHandler class.

The OPEN_LIMIT is set to 10 in the DirectoryHandler class.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 2 5

Hi @Umer Nalla,

Yes, i am connecting my consumer to the example Provider application.

i just test it with a counter and results in 20 refreshMsg only.

the OPEN_LIMIT in my DirectoryHandler class is set to 5. However, after changing it to 200 also yield no change to the refreshMsg I received.

is there any other workaround to enable this test this locally?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @muhammadismoktar

Can you confirm which Provider example you are using?

I was able to run the iprovider.series200.example280__MarketPrice__Performance example along with consumer.series200.example280__MarketPrice__Performance to consume and publish 1000 items.

icon clock
10 |1500

hi @Umer Nalla

I'm running gradlew runProvider at the command line. i believe the file is located at: \Java\Eta\Applications\Examples\src\main\java\com\thomsonreuters\upa\examples\provider\Provider.java

i am referring to your answer here

hi @Umer Nalla,

i tried using the same provider for MRN_STORY but was shown below status:

StatusMsg
  streamId="5"
  domain="NewsTextAnalytics Domain"
  state="Open / Suspect / None / 'Capability not supported'"
  name="MRN_STORY"
  serviceName="DIRECT_FEED"
StatusMsgEnd 

Is there any other test tool that i can test for mrn story locally?

Hi @muhammadismoktar

I am not aware of any test tool that generates dummy MRN_STORY data - it is quite a complex data model.

Perhaps you can speak to your Refinitiv account manager to see if they can arrange a trial for you / access to a evaluation feed.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.