Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
25 5 5 9

backend error. 500 Internal Server Error - with get_timeseries request

getting error code 500 today with get_timeseries request

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierrorerror-500
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

let me add, they seem to have gone away now. back to normal. maybe you rebooted? ;)

@9029ef3d-816c-4b3d-b8a4-7e45f818c246 could you show your request please?

@Zhenya Kovalyov I can confirm the problems with time series requests. We're having the same issue. Error 500 in 50% of the requests. We ran these requests every day and had no issue. Sometime to run the save request multiply times helps, sometimes does not.

its not any specific request. we request a RIC periodically using:

df=ek.get_timeseries(tkr,
start_date=start,
end_date=end)

Where tkr can be any ticker. I concur with @igorg, the error happens maybe 1/3rd to 1/2 of the requests, and today is the first we have seen it.

@9029ef3d-816c-4b3d-b8a4-7e45f818c246, @igorg
Are you still experiencing this issue? If not, could you please accept the response by @Zhenya Kovalyov. If you're still experiencing the problem, please let us know by responding on this thread.
Thanks.

I'm not. But I cannot accept it because this is not my post.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@9029ef3d-816c-4b3d-b8a4-7e45f818c246, @igorg it appears that the underlying service feeding the time series data suffered from a high load of requests.

Should you experience this again, the workaround is to repeat the requests with a smaller set of data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

@9029ef3d-816c-4b3d-b8a4-7e45f818c246, @igorg many thanks for reporting this, we are looking into it.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

This error means there is a problem on the server side. A Server Error can be caused by any number of things from uploading the incorrect file to as bug in a piece of code. This error response is a generic "catch-all" response. The web server is telling you that something went wrong, but it's not sure exactly what that is. If you have root access, you should review your web server's error logs to get more information about this. If you are using shared hosting plan, you should contact your host to get more information. The best way to debug the error depends upon the server and what's actually running at the time. Consider some debugging tips to help diagnose and fix common causes of this problem.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.