question

Upvotes
Accepted
87 7 13 27

[Ema]C++ How to decide the opportunity to request chain and quote info

Hello:

I develop in EMA C++ with Elektron-SDK1.2.1.linux to request HKSE quote info.

I want to know the opportunity for requesting chain and quote, such as:

1、Which slot is the best time to request chain?

as I know, the HKSE begin to send msg at 6:00 am, can I request the chain from Eletron before 6:00 am?

2、Should I unRegisterClient when the HKSE is closed?

HKSE will be closed at 16:30, is it necessary to unRegisterClient at 16:30.

3、Does the updateMsg will be send if the chain update?

if che chain of HKSE update in the afternoon, although it is rare, How can I get the new chain?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @luxiangyuan

Thank you for your participation in the forum.
Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks, -AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @luxiangyuan

If you create a streaming request (which is the default) then you will continue to receive Update Msgs as and when the Chain changes at any time of the day - until you call unregisterClient.

So, it is your decision if you start a new request at the start of the day and then close the stream after the market closes OR you continue to receive the updates 24hrs a day.

As to whether you will receive any Chain updates when the market closes, that is something you need to check with HKSE or the Content helpdesk.

With regards afternoon update of chain, if you keep the stream open and do NOT close the stream (by calling unregisterClient) you will receive any such update to the chain as and when it occurs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hello Umer Nalla

I am so sorry that I have been busy with too many other things.

Do you know how other customers realize?

or could you gave some suggestion?

thanks!

Hi @luxiangyuan

Firstly you need to check with Content helpdesk just how often the chain updates. This may help you decide - so if they confirm the chain will not update after Market Close then you could unregister after market close and start afresh every morning.

For client developers who do use Chains, the usage varies - some like to shut down after market close and startup their application every morning. Others, build the chain at application startup and and then leave the application running long term - updating the chain when there as updates.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.