question

Upvotes
Accepted
87 7 13 27

[EMA C++]Service for this item was lost

hello:

I develop with EMA C++, and get quote from TREP.

I found some errors "Service for this item was lost";

When I get this error, I can not get the info of the RIC.

The log is shown as the appendix.

thanks .lost.txt

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
err.png (57.3 KiB)
lost.txt (2.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @luxiangyuan

Please see this existing thread discussing the same warning message.

Looking at the limited log extract that you provided, it looks like the server disconnected your application. Possible causes for such a disconnection are component restart, bandwidth exhaustion, or network outage.

Is this happening frequently or was this a one of incidence? Did the connection eventually re-establish itself?

If it is happening more than once, did it start to happen after your changed your RequestTimeOut? If you are having ongoing connectivity issues, I recommend you contact Premium Support so they have help you diagnose your issue offline.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hello Umer:

I am glad to see your answer, thank you very much.

1 I do not have the permission of the link "this existing thread"

2 this happening frequently, and can not re-establish itself all the time; because If one RIC was lost ,I can not get any Msg of this RIC;

3 It starts to happen after I add RequestTimeOut in the EmaConfig.xml,

before I add the timeout option, I alaways get timeout errors.

4 I do not have the permission of the link "this existing thread"

Hi @luxiangyuan

It seems that you may have replaced a timeout issue with a disconnect issue. This suggests a deeper problem with your application or connection. My suspicion would be that your connection /application cannot handle the volume of data you are receiving.

Therefore, I recommend you create a support ticket via https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/group-support-form/1591/6011 - so that they can assist you in deeper diagnostic of the issue.

If you cannot access the Support ticket form - please contact your Refinitiv account manager to arrange access.

hello umer

yes, I get timeout issue at the beginning,

I ask a question on this web, someone suggest to add RequestTimeOut.

After I add RequestTimeOut, I get "lost" issue.

so generally speaking,

Does RequestTimeOut is advocated to use?

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.