question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Next Release Date for Economic series?

Hello. I was trying to get the next release date of an economic series through Datastream's python package, but failed to do so. I've looked for solutions on the internet, but also failed. In my opinion, the python package has a poor description: https://github.com/hoenie-ams/PyDSWS compared to its R fellow: https://github.com/CharlesCara/DatastreamDSWS2R

Anyway, I've looked for a solution in R and managed to find it. Here is my code:

>require(DatastreamDSWS2R)

>options(Datastream.Username = "XXXXXXX")

>options(Datastream.Password = "XXXXXXX")

>mydsws <- dsws$new()

>myData <- mydsws$listRequest(instrument = "USGDP...D", datatype = "DS.NDOR1", requestDate = "0D")

>myData

If you try the code above, you will get the ticker's next release date.

While in python...

>import PyDSWS

>ds = PyDSWS.Datastream(username='XXXXXXX', password='XXXXXXX')

>df = ds.get_data(tickers = 'USGDP...D, ', fields = 'DS.NDOR1')

>print(df)

it does not work.

I have also tried different combinations of DS.NDOR1, such as DS_NDOR1, NDOR_1, DSNDOR_1, but all failed. I don't know where I'm getting it wrong.

Is there a simple solution for that?

datastream-apidsws-apidateeconomic-data
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @ivarejao

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi @ivarejao

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so, please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
1.1k 3 3 3

Hello @ivarejao,

This function is not available with current Python wrapper. However we are working on a new official wrapper which will enable this function and will be more fittingly described.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.