Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
53 6 3 6

not getting the latest data point

ek.get_timeseries('BOK9') returns me up to 11th of jan, which should be the 14th. Properly works in excel though so no data issue

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidata
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

BOK9 is just an example, the rest of the RIC BO has the same issue and maybe even more commodities

Upvotes
Accepted
53 6 3 6

I restarted the kernel, that fixed it. But should not be necessary in my opinion. I had Reuters running overnight on a pc which does not shut down.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@eddy_de_groot when did you connect to the api originally? was it last week or yesterday?

I believe it was yesterday

@eddy_de_groot it is a known bug in in the get_timeseries() call. I believe this issue is going to be fixed in 0.1.14. In the meantime, you need to explicitly set the start_date and end_date parameters.

Upvotes
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @eddy_de_groot

I'm not able to replicate your output. The code

df = ek.get_timeseries(["BOK9"], start_date="2019-01-01", end_date="2019-01-15")
df

gives me:

bok9.jpg (97.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

If I specify the end_date I also get the data properly, but if I leave the enddate unspecified I only get up to the 11th

Hi @eddy_de_groot

I'm still not able to replicate that. Can you share the code?

bok9-v2.jpg (92.1 KiB)

I already did in the original question:

ek.get_timeseries('BOK9')

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.