Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
31 3 6 1

Request Intraday Forex Data using Python API.

Hello,

I'd like to get FX data intraday. Or at least, request it at a given cut-off time (let's say 15 hours). I've been seeing the parameters on TR.BidPrice but no such thing appears to be available.

In the desktop I managed to see a chart where you could see intraday data, but I would like to request that as a time-series.

I know the data requested in a daily frequency for TR.BidPrice is for an hour of 22:00 hours GMT (non-DST time), is there a way to request it at will? At any other different time I want?

Thanks for your help!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidatahistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @ec_20_inf,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Hi @ec_20_inf,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so, please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

You need to use get_timeseries method instead of get_data. For documentation see Eikon Data APIs for Python - Reference Guide under the Documentation tab on Eikon Data APIs section on this portal. See also this tutorial for examples.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.