Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
31 3 6 1

Request Intraday Forex Data using Python API.

Hello,

I'd like to get FX data intraday. Or at least, request it at a given cut-off time (let's say 15 hours). I've been seeing the parameters on TR.BidPrice but no such thing appears to be available.

In the desktop I managed to see a chart where you could see intraday data, but I would like to request that as a time-series.

I know the data requested in a daily frequency for TR.BidPrice is for an hour of 22:00 hours GMT (non-DST time), is there a way to request it at will? At any other different time I want?

Thanks for your help!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonworkspacerefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspace-data-apidatahistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 78 11 27

You need to use get_timeseries method instead of get_data. For documentation see Eikon Data APIs for Python - Reference Guide under the Documentation tab on Eikon Data APIs section on this portal. See also this tutorial for examples.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.