Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 1 1 3

Looking for the right "instruments" that specify the entire universe of publicly listed companies in the U.S.

I am trying to extract ESG scores for all public companies in the US and am wondering 1) if I have to manually create a list (i.e., instruments=[...], where [...] is the hand-collected list) or 2) if there is a relevant instrument list. For your information, I can succefully get ESG score for instance IBM as follows:

df,err = ek.get_data(instruments="IBM", fields= 'TR.TRESGScore')

I tried to look for the past related questions but couldn't find any; I would also appreciate it if you could direct me to any of them as well.

Many thanks in advance.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@Yuma.Iwase you can use a screener query that needs to be created in the Screener app inside Excel. Take a look at this thread.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dear @Zhenya Kovalyov

That thread is exactly what I want to know. I greatly appreciate your support, thousand thanks.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.