Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 3 2 2

Why does not all chain ric work in get data in python?

My code:

import eikon as ek

RICS = "0#.OSEBX"

RICS2 = "0#.EQUITY.OL"

ek.set_app_id('')

NokkelData, err = ek.get_data(RICS,["TR.CommonName"])

NokkelData2, err = ek.get_data(RICS2,["TR.CommonName"])
Why does only "0#.OSEBX" work and not "0#.EQUITY.OL"?
Both work i excel. I also want to get data from "0#.MERKUR.OL"
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apichain-ric
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@bendik.ronning, i can reproduce your issue with the correct chain names, here is a workaround. You will need to include an additional get_data() call that will give you the RIC names. In the meantime, I will report this to the product manager:

df, e = ek.get_data('0#EQUITY.OL', ['X_RIC_NAME'])
df2, e = ek.get_data(instruments=df['Instrument'].tolist(), fields=['TR.CompanyName'])

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

@bendik.ronning I can not find either 0#.EQUITY.OL or 0#.MERKUR.OL. Are you sure those are not internal to your organization?

icon clock
10 |1500

Can you please try "0#.MERKUR.OL" and "0#EQUITY.OL"?

Works fine in Excel

@bendik.ronning neither is available. If it works on your side, the only thing that comes to mind is that they exist only inside your company's infrastructure.

Could you look at Case : 07352520 ?

"Upon checking you can refer to 0#MERKUR.OL for RICs listed on Market Merkur. Example on this chain you will see WRE-ME.OL and ADSC-ME.OL. For PHLYS.OL and SBULK.OL this will be visible in chain 0#EQUITY.OL"

@bendik.ronning, ok, so it means there is a typo in your code. I will post a new reply.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.