question

Upvotes
Accepted
87 7 13 27

How to use the backup of TREP in EmaConfig.xml

hello:

I develop with EMA in C++, and use EmaConfig.xml;

when I use "Consumer_1", I can get quote from TREP1;

when I use "Consumer_2", to test the backup between TREP1 & TREP2, I get the error :

Exception Type='OmmInvalidUsageException', Text='dictionary retrieval failed (timed out after waiting 45000 milliseconds) for TREP1:14002)'

I want to know how to use Consumer_2 to test the backup

We have two TREP, they are TREP1 & TREP1 as follows:

I have two consumer Consumer_1 & Consumer_2 shown as follows:

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
channel.png (41.9 KiB)
consumer.png (37.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @luxiangyuan,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @luxiangyuan

I can see from your screen capture that for Consumer_2 that your Logger and more importantly your Dictionary type is different to Consumer_1

Consumer_1 is using a Dictonary_1 which is set to ChannelDictionary in the default EMAConfig.xml file - i.e. download from server

Consumer_2 is set to use Dictionary_2 - which is set to FileDictionary in the default EMAConfig.xml

When you amend or use a Consumer_x definition, you need to ensure all values are configured correctly - not just the ChannelSet.

Therefore, if you wish to use download dictionaries then please ensure your Consumer_2 definition is set to use Dictionary_1 also.

Please read the EMAConfigGuide document as well as my EMA Config Overview article.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.