Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 1 2

News providers' codes

I would like to filter the search by particular news providers. Instead of searching for codes manually in the news monitor app, I would like to access a dictionary with mapped codes to newspaper names, e.g Business Insider: BUSINT. Is there a dictionary of codes for all news publishers? Otherwise, is there a list of all publishers included in the Eikon API?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apinewsnews-filter
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm trying to solve this exact same issue and was also told the news monitor was the only way

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I'm afraid searching manually in News Monitor app is the only option. At the moment there's no API in Eikon that provides access to metadata, which would allow you to perform the search programmatically. Refinitiv Helpdesk may be able to provide you the list of news sources currently available in Eikon and their codes in some offline form (perhaps in a Word document or a spreadsheet). Not all these sources will be available to you, and of course this offline content will not be updated whenever the list changes. To contact Refinitv Helpdesk you can call the Helpdesk number in your country or use Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.