Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Eikon Data API questions

Hello,

I'm new to the forum here. I'm working on the Eikon Data API using Python3 and I need some clarifications if anyone could assist me:

1. Does the Eikon Desktop Application has to be running for the API to work?

2. Can the API be implemented in a different PC from the one that generated the API key or it has to be implemented on the same PC?

3. The API I'm building will be used on Microsoft Azure's Cloud platform. How can I make my API work on the cloud once it works on my desktop locally? Since I don't believe I can install Eikon's App onto Azure.

Any help or advice is much appreciated!

Best,

Carlos

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apicloudazure
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@chehe

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

1. Yes, Eikon Desktop must be running on the same machine than your Python scripts.

2. The App Key is not specific to one PC but to your Eikon account. Your scripts can be executed on others PC with the same App Key (but always with Eikon running locally).

3. This kind of usage is not allowed with Eikon, but there is other API licence for this.

Contact your account manager for more information.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @chehe

1. Yes, Eikon Desktop must be running.

2. Only same PC is allowed (script is executing on the same PC with Eikon Desktop is running

only), you can use any valid API keys generated from any Eikon users.

3. It is not possible to re-distribute the data outside of the machine running Eikon Desktop.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.