I'm new to the forum here. I'm working on the Eikon Data API using Python3 and I need some clarifications if anyone could assist me:
1. Does the Eikon Desktop Application has to be running for the API to work?
2. Can the API be implemented in a different PC from the one that generated the API key or it has to be implemented on the same PC?
3. The API I'm building will be used on Microsoft Azure's Cloud platform. How can I make my API work on the cloud once it works on my desktop locally? Since I don't believe I can install Eikon's App onto Azure.
Any help or advice is much appreciated!
1. Yes, Eikon Desktop must be running on the same machine than your Python scripts.
2. The App Key is not specific to one PC but to your Eikon account. Your scripts can be executed on others PC with the same App Key (but always with Eikon running locally).
3. This kind of usage is not allowed with Eikon, but there is other API licence for this.
Contact your account manager for more information.
1. Yes, Eikon Desktop must be running.
2. Only same PC is allowed (script is executing on the same PC with Eikon Desktop is running
only), you can use any valid API keys generated from any Eikon users.
3. It is not possible to re-distribute the data outside of the machine running Eikon Desktop.