Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

How to transfer company names into RIC code?

Now I have a list of company names in excel (over 300), which cannot be identified by Thomson Reuters. How can I transfer these names into RIC code in excel so that I can find relevant data for these companies?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @arslan_sjn,

After the follow-up clarification I believe the question is on Eikon Data APIs and moved it accordingly, to Eikon Data API forum

Hello @arslan_sjn

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@arslan_sjn
This forum is dedicated to software developers utilizing Refinitiv APIs. The best resource for questions about using Eikon application or Eikon Excel add-in is Refinitiv Helpdesk. For expedient response contact Refinitiv Helpdesk by either calling the Helpdesk number in your country of by using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.
To answer your question, you can use Screener to find private companies by name, e.g.

=TR("SCREEN(U(IN(Private(OrgType(COM, UNK, MKP)))), Contains(TR.CommonName,""1010data""))","TR.CommonName","RH=In CH=Fd")

The row header returned by the above function is the permID for 1010data Inc.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks so much. I will have a try.

Upvotes
1.1k 3 3 3

@arslan_sjn

Is this question regarding any Refinitv API?

icon clock
10 |1500

Yes, I hope to use Thomson Reuters Eikon to get some data about these companies. Now, I find many companies are private companies so they do not have RIC codes. Are there any formula like RSearch to find the PermID for these companies? Thank you.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.