question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 3 2 6

Elektron EMA and sink_driven_src

I built an application that use the Elektron EMA Java API. Is it possible to replay canned data using the sink_driven_src tool (or other tool) to test my application without having a live connection?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @andre.malenfant

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @andre.malenfant

Please refer to the following article on recording and playback of data using rmdstestclient and sink_driven_src. This article mentions an EMA C++ example - you can use an EMA Java example in a similar way - i.e. by setting the hostname and port to localhost:14002

You can also find some canned data - (if you can't or don't want to capture your own) by selecting the Elektron SDK - Tools section of the Elektron SDK Downloads tab

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9 3 2 6

Thanks a lot, was looking for a comprehensive documentation better than the pdf included in the tools release...

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @andre.malenfant

Please refer to Getting Playback Data with EMA VDO. This VDO shows step by step to setup and run sink_driven_src as a provider. Then, setup and run EMA Java consumer to retrieve data from the sink_driven_src on a local machine.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.