Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
22 7 4 7

Get historical EARNINGS, EPS and DPS from Eikon Api

Hi everyone, I’am using Eikon Proxy API to retrieve historical fundamentals data for AAPL.O ric and I can get almost everything right, but I can’t understand:
1. why EARNINGS value of 2007-01-03 is the same as the one of 2019-06-07
2. I've found a lot of EPS (Earnings Per Share) and DPS (Dividend Per Share) but i can't understand which ones are the "real" ones, do you have any advice?

Thank you in advance for the help
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidata
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@veyrejulien
Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

@veyrejulien
Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@veyrejulien
I think you'll benefit from reviewing this tutorial, which talks at length about metadata discovery (finding field names and parameters) for use with Eikon Data APIs.
You can find the answer why you get the same value for EARNINGS field irrespective of SDate and EDate parameters on this thread.
I'm not sure what you mean by "real" fields for EPS or DPS. But in any case, if you have content questions such as what's the field name for ..., the best resource is Refinitiv Helpdesk, which you can reach by calling the Helpdesk number in your country or by using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application, or by following the link @chavalit.jintamalit provided.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @veyrejulien

1. Please share your code

2. You can use Eikon Desktop to check the value of the data you are retrieving.

3. If the data retrieving from API is the same as data on Eikon Desktop, you can contact Refinitiv Helpdesk on this page to clarify on the content question.

ahs3.png (191.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.