Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
135 15 10 10

Replicate GOVSRCH function in Python

With Python to be able to receive a list of identifiers (ISINs, RICs, Tickers etc) based on specific criteria (e.g. Bonds, active, issued in Sweden, abover $250m amount outstanding.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiricsbonds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @oleksandr.yermolayev,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @oleksandr.yermolayev

For RSearch function, unfortunately, you have to use another API.

Please refer to this post. <<< click here

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @oleksandr.yermolayev,

please note that a link in a comment does not always manifest as a link

Upvote
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @oleksandr.yermolayev

I think you can use "SCREENER" app to create the search term then use it with Eikon Data API.

1. Type in "SCREENER" on Eikon Search bar and press enter to open SCREENER.

Then select any search term and export it as excel formula. See picture below:

2. Look at the formulas in excel and extract the formulas to use with Eikon Data APIs.

ahs-1.png (197.6 KiB)
ahs-2.png (127.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
135 15 10 10

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit,

Many thanks for you explanation, it is very helpful. However,

1. I see that the syntax in Excel and Python formula is a bit different. Could you let me know where I can get help on this Screen function in Python (Jupyter Notebooks) (may be a link to the documentation)?

2. Can I use the Screener function even if I look for bonds, not companies?

3. How do I know how many entries I got using the screener in Python, without necessarily doing the same search on the Terminal first?

Sorry for multiple questions, but your help is invaluable.

Cheers

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @oleksandr.yermolayev

1. It is just a matter of handling String in excel and python is different.

For example ""in excel is escape character for "

So ""TH"" is "TH"

And /* sth sth sth */ is a comment so it can be removed.

(Sorry, there is no document)

2. I am sorry, I think it does not support bond search.

3. SCREENER on terminal is connecting to different services so you know in advance of the number of entries

It is not possible on the API, you have to do the actual search and count the number or records.

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit,

Many thanks for the reply.

1. Ok, understood

2. But the initial question was on GOVSRCH app (see above), which allows you to search for bonds. Can I not search for bonds at all in Eikon API? It it at all possible to retrieve all bonds (i.e either bond RICs or ISINs issued in Sweden, for example?)

3. Ok, undestood.

Cheers

Hi @oleksandr.yermolayev

Please try to do the search on "Thomson Reuters Eikon - Microsoft Excel"

Then use the Screener on Excel and provide the screenshot.

I will try to see if I can make the same query on the API. (It may or may not be possible)

ahs-3.png (34.5 KiB)
Show more comments
Upvotes
135 15 10 10

capture7.png (203.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.