Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 1

Wrong free float market cap

Hi everyone! I was trying to get free float market cap for 3437.T stock and experienced strange numbers.

TR.FreeFloat reports around 460k shares, while TR.SharesFreeFloat - 6 mln.

# of shares outstanding is around 0.8 mln.

I also tried other options:
TR.CompanyMarketCap - 4 bln

TR.CompanyMarketCap(ShType=FFL) - 31 bln.

Same for TR.MarketCapLocalCurn

It would be good if you can advise on this. How it's possible to get free float market cap > market cap? How it's possible to get # of free float shares > # of shares outstanding?
Thanks.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidataequities
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@refinitkek
It looks like one of the figures (either the one returned by TR.FreeFloat or the one returned by TR.SharesFreeFloat) must be wrong.
This community forum is dedicated to software developers utilizing Refinitiv APIs, and it's not the best place to report data issue such as this one. The best resource for data issues or questions is Refinitiv Helpdesk, which you can reach by either calling the Helpdesk number in your country or by using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application. I would happily open a case with Refinitiv Helpdesk for this issue on your behalf, but unfortunately you chose to use a private email address to register on this forum, which effectively makes you anonymous to forum moderators, and I'm afraid we cannot open a case with the Helpdesk for anonymous users. So, please contact Refinitiv Helpdesk and report this data issue you found.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.