question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Connecting RFA RDM to MSSQL

Hello, i'm currently using RFA API for getting Market Price RDM in some currency, question is: Is it possible to get the price (e.g BID and ASK) and send it to MSSQL Server Database? If possible, is there any example to achieve it? Thanks..

treprfarfa-apiconnection
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @edo11,

I'm following up to see if the answer to your question helped. If not, please provide some additional detail.

Hello @edo11

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @edo11,

Yes, it is possible to store price data to an MSSQL database. In general, once you have acquired the data within your own application, you have complete control over how you want to process that data, which includes using any other 3rd party technology to do this. The Refinitiv APIs are strictly used to acquire the real-time content from our servers. We don’t have any APIs or examples for sending prices to a database.

If this is new development you are considering, I would encourage you to look at our strategic Elektron APIs. They provide much easier interfaces and are our APIs that will constantly evolve, providing new features and capabilities. The RFA APIs are in maintenance mode only and will not include any future enhancements.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

@nick.zincone.1 when i running the RDM program i get the bid and ask market data that being typed to the log file, is there any way to store the data into some of variable, so i can continue the process to database? thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
17.4k 82 39 63

@edo11,

We have no knowledge of your RDM program and what it does. Based on what you specified, the developer decided to log some market data values (bid/ask) to a log file. In order for the program to do this, the market data values were received, likely stored in some variables, then sent to the logs. You, or the developer, will have to modify the program to send these values to a database.

Another possible option is for you to tap into the log files and take the values from there and send to a database. There are many ways you can do this - from building your own application that monitors these logs or to utilize some event processing 3rd party software that has the ability to monitor logs and send to a database.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.