For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 0

401 Unauthorized when calling /groups with GET (using RestTemplate) for World Check API

Please find the request details :

We are using RestTemplate as Java Client

dataToSign:

(request-target): get /v1/groups
host: rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com
date: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 08:13:42 GMT

Hmac : MRdjL0i+Rj/gNsX9LjLfraF5B1ztnbPArtqL/ZuyYdU=

authorisation :
Signature keyId="XXX",algorithm="hmac-sha256",headers="(request-target) host date",signature="MRdjL0i+Rj/gNsX9LjLfraF5B1ztnbPArtqL/ZuyYdU="

XXX=Api Key

13:43:46.924 [main] DEBUG org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate - HTTP GET https://rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com/v1/groups
13:43:46.988 [main] DEBUG org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate - Accept=[text/plain, application/json, application/*+json, */*]
13:43:48.631 [main] DEBUG org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate - Response 401 UNAUTHORIZED

Note : Its working using post man collection correctly

world-checkworld-check-oneerror-401
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@samiran.paul

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @samiran.paul,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.2k 8 5 6

@samiran.paul

Request you to provide us the WC1 account name so that I can assist you.

Also, can you please copy the date header value that is getting generated by your code and paste it in the pre request script of your Postman in the date variable, as shown below:

var date = "Mon, 09 Sep 2019 08:13:42 GMT" and try requesting the API using Postman. Obviously, the API call will get a 401 this time as the time stamp has expired, but the idea is to check if the HMAC generated by Postman is same as the one generated by your code.

If HMAC is correct, please provide me the request headers and response headers of the API call so that I can investigate.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@samiran.paul

Following up to see if there is an update on this.

Hello @samiran.paul,

Please get back to us with the clarification requested by @Irfan.Khan,

or please let us know if the question has been answered outside of this forum and

ceased to be of interest to you.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.