question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 1 1 4

How obtain the price of a future option when market is closed

Hi,

There's the possibility to obtain the price of a future option of a certain RIC when the market is closed?

Thanks.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apijava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
21.7k 57 14 20

No modifications are required; the API is agnostic of market hours. If you run the example code after market close, you will get the closing run prices and possibly the fields like BID/ASK etc will be cleared.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21.7k 57 14 20

Hello @everon, The price of any instrument can be requested from Elektron infrastructure at any time, and the response message will contain the last cached data and fields which have been blanked (zero'd out) by the listing market. Additionally for equities, the request can be sent to the non-primary markets like ATS, which trade in off hours as well.

For your particular instrument and the market close behavior, please raise a Content query from MyRefinitiv which will allow you direct communication with a Content expert.

Select 'I need help understanding content within the product' and appropriate product e.g. 'Thomson Reuters Elektron Real-Time'.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7 1 1 4

Thanks for your help.

But, I'm following the example200__MarketPrice__Streaming example and I would like to know what modifications I must to apply to this source code to get the future prices when the market is closed.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.