Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
37 7 10 13

How to get the 3M USD LIBOR interest rate historical data with Python Eikon API?

I would like o get 3M USD LIBOR interest rate (i think the RIC is USDLIBOR) but I do not know what field and parameter I should enter in the get_data() function. Could anyon point that out to me?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apihistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @Tulkkas

If you want to use get_data method, you can try this:

ek.get_data('USD3MFSR=X',['TR.FIXINGVALUE.date','TR.FIXINGVALUE'],{"Sdate":'2005-01-03', "Edate":'2019-01-03'})
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

That works well indeed. Just the correct field name for the date is 'TR.FIXINGVALUE.Date' with capital letter.

Upvote
4.1k 4 7 12
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
37 7 10 13

Thank you but could you be a little more specific?

Like i managed to get data using get_timeseries() as follow:

data = ek.get_timeseries(['USD3MFSR=X'], ['Close'],start_date="2005-01-03", end_date= "2019-01-03");

But i can't find a workaround to make get_data() to work. Any ideas why this does not work:

data = ek.get_data(['USD3MFSR=X'], ['Close'],{start_date: "2005-01-03", end_date:  "2019-01-03"});

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @Tulkkas,

I don't believe the backend reference DB keep track of historical values for this instrument. You will have to use the get_timeseries() to retrieve these values. I noticed within the Data Item Browser, there are no historical parameters offered:

You can verify this with the Refinitiv Helpdesk, which you can reach by either using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application or by calling the Helpdesk number in your country. The moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Eikon. The Helpdesk will research your question and will get back to you.

ahs.png (64.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.