Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
0 0 0 0

Is there any option to filter unnecessary RICs while or before calling get_symbology?

Hi guys,

I'm coding an app to retrieve RICs and then prices of bonds.

The problem is that using function get_symbology i received 16k RICs for 340 ISINs (looks like it has stored all historical RICs).

Is there any method to filter received RICs before/while calling the function? Of course taking all these RICs and filtering later would last ages.

I know I can make up some RICs, but RICs for stock exchanges seem to have more complex rules and i couldnt find transformation algorithm on Eikon (only found for other asset classes and a META app that can transform it, but I'd prefer to transform it in my app or somehow filter results of the function to active or predetermined RICs.

Thank you in advance

Paweł

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I see. To get the RICs from Berlin, Frankfurt and Munich exchanges for a given bond use

ek.get_data('US9128283J70', 'TR.RICS(Contributor=BE:F:MU)')

To get all exchange RICs for a given bond use

ek.get_data('US9128283J70', 'TR.RICS(PriceQuality=Exchange)')

To explore all criteria you can apply to this call see the Parameters tab for TR.RICs field in Formula Builder wizard in Eikon Excel or in DIB app in Eikon desktop application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

If you're only looking for the main RIC for each bond you can use the following call instead of get_symbology method.

ek.get_data(isin_list, 'TR.PreferredRIC')
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
0 0 0 0

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, we are not using TR Composite (which is 'TR.PreferredRIC') in our pricing.

Do you know if there is any documentation with all RIC-related parameters in get_data function?What would be perfect for me is a method that will find all RICs for provided contributor IDs (let's say, user input BE, F, WA, and method finds RICs for a given security from Frankfurt, Berlin and Warsaw stock exchanges.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
0 0 0 0

Thank you so much Alex! this is exactly what i needed

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.