question

Upvotes
Accepted
27 6 5 4

How to use Data Type "WC07015 - Inactive date (Security)" output

Hello,

When I run a query for datatype WC07015 in a snapshot request (in R) the value it gives me is a character value of numbers that I cannot translate into a date. This data type is supposed to be the day that a company was delisted. How do I convert this value into a date?

sf <- dsws$snapshotRequest(instrument = c("A:EVMX", "A:CBAX"), datatype = c("ISIN", "NAME", "WC07015"), requestDate = "0D")

Running this gives me these outputs:

However if I run the query without the CBA company ticker I get the result I'd expect like this:

Can someone please help me understand why it is doing this, and let me know how to get it to give me a proper date when I run more than one company query.

Thanks,
Ed.

datastream-apidsws-apirdater-studio
1573617880435.png (9.1 KiB)
1573617929202.png (6.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Ed_J

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.1k 250 52 74

@Ed_J

The column type of WC07015 is converted to <chr> when requesting two items c("A:EVMX", "A:CBAX") because the WC07015 of A:CBAX is "NA".

The workaround is checking if the column of WC07015 is a date, or not.

If it is not date, first you need to remove the "NA" values and then convert the numeric values to date.

The example code is:

sf <- mydsws$snapshotRequest(instrument = c("A:EVMX", "A:CBAX"),
                             datatype = c("ISIN", "NAME", "WC07015"),
                             requestDate = "0D")
if("FALSE"%in%sapply(sf$WC07015, function(x) !all(is.na(as.Date(as.character(x),format="%Y-%m-%d"))))){
    sf[sf == "NA"] <- ""
    sf <- mutate(sf, WC07015= as.Date(as.numeric(WC07015), origin= "1970-1-1"))
}

sf

This code may not cover all use cases.

Otherwise, you may report this issue at DatastreamDSWS2R GitHub.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.