question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 3

General Question About Article Timestamps

If this is the wrong place to ask this question, my apologies, and please direct me to the property location to ask this question:

We have noticed that many times a financial article will post at a given time, such as 4:00pm, but the timestamp in the article is 3:50pm, for example. We are certain that the article HTML and link isn't coming online on the page we are checking until 4:00pm--the HTML even says 4:00pm. But the article timestamp says 3:50pm.

How are articles timestamped/dated?

The articles I am referring to are generally on author specific pages--pages where you see all articles by a given author. Do articles post elsewhere on Reuters' site before they appear in the author's article list?

Is there some paywall that allows access to the articles a few minutes quicker?

Not sure what we are missing here or how to solve this...

datatime-stamp
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@investmentsaz

The question seems to not relate to CAT API.

What is the API product you currently use? or you are talking about the contents in MRN News. Can you elaborate more and provide more sample data?

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@investmentsaz

The quickest way to retrieve real-time news is by using MRN (Machine Readable News) over Elektron. You can refer to this video.

Moreover, you can directly contact the sales team at https://www.refinitiv.com/en/contact-us for more information.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 1 3

@moragodkrit, thank you for your response. We are still trying to choose which API to use. I posted here because I thought it was the most general API. I apologize if this was the wrong location. We are trying to check news in real time and examine those stories for keywords to make an alert system.

Here is an example:

The market moved based on this news at 4:34pm EST.

But this story's date and time header shows 4:46pm EST.

And the story didn't actually appear on this webpage until 5:47pm EST.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tiffany-m-a-lvmh-exclusive/exclusive-lvmh-gets-access-to-tiffanys-books-after-it-raises-offer-sources-idUSKBN1XU2PV

So we are trying to solve if this story is originally appearing somewhere else on the Reuters site quicker than on this page.

Even better, which API would be best to use, in order to receive financial news story in real time as quickly as possible?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 1 3

Thank you! Elektron is a cost service, correct?

icon clock
10 |1500

Yes, it has a cost. You can directly contact the local Refinitiv's sales team at https://www.refinitiv.com/en/contact-us for more information.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.