question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 0

Structure Products - Download: Issue Date, Turnover, Strike

Hello everybody,

I am using Reuters Eikon where I accessed the "Derivatives Filter" and exported a list of bonus certificates. I converted the ISINs into RICs and would like to download:

Issue Date,

Turnover,

Strike

for each of my bonus certificates.

In Reuters Data Stream (Excel Addin) I tried the respective variable as static request in the category "Options" as well as in "Warrants" or "Bonds". However, I get for every single product an "NA" returned.

How is it possible to get these data returned?

Furthermore, if I try to get these data via Eikon (formula builder) there it states that no values were found (e.g. in the static variable "strike" or "iss. date").

Is it possible to download these data also for already matured/knocked-out products?

Many thanks!

eikondatadatastream-apidsws-apiderivativesissue
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Asked experts Paul Bacon and James Bright via "ask expert"

<Internal Only>

Hello @paul.bacon @James.Bright1

Could you please help the client regarding this DataStream Excel Add-in question?

Hello @Christoph,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Christoph,

I do not know this, as this forum is dedicated to API related questions and discussions, and the members of the forum are developers, the moderators are APi experts.

As was mentioned above, the content queries should be referred to Refinitiv Helpdesk.

However, I would expect that the agreement, under which the Eikon is given to universities and students may differ from the support that paying customers are receiving under product contract that includes full support, and content support is part of it.

Reference data may not, in a generic case be provided free of fee, and as Refinitiv Helpdesk has advised in this case that your content inquiry goes under the chargeable category, I would follow their lead on this matter.

I think that the best contact for finding out the specifics of how the support is arranged for your school is the source of your Eikon, i.e. your school, so would suggest contacting them to find out if there is an arrangement in place for you to obtain the content that you require, in the event that the content can not be provided to you free.

I hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
681 2 2 1

Hi, Please raise this with the Refinitiv helpdesk, this is not an API question.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 0

Hi James, I already contacted the helpdesk support. But due to the fact I need the data for my master thesis and I am a student they are unwilling to provide me help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
681 2 2 1

Unfortunately, this forum is solely for the Datastream client API. I would speak with the helpdesk again.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

If you use the normal Datastream Excel ‘RIC’ codes return no value. But you can use ‘ISIN’. You may want to check this tutorial: https://uufinancedata.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/eikon1.pdf customwritingcompany to find an answer.

icon clock
10 |1500

You're talking about something that? I didn't find the answer here. Do you want to download klingeltöne gratis?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.