question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 2

I would like documentation on the RMTES fromat for contribution partial page updates

I am using an internal openmama based MD api which has a UPA based bridge to TREP to send contributions to Refinitiv. I can use it to send page whole line updates, but I cannot get partial line updates to work. I can see a hex representation of a partial page update when I subscribe showing the control characters and column position in the line to put the update. Using the same format to contribute does not work. Note I am interested in the underlying format of the row field value I need to send, not documentation on the way to do it in RFA etc. as I am not using any Refinitiv APIs.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepcontributions
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@Michael Moore

The partial page update format has been explained in the legacy Marketfeed document. There are two formats.

1. Intra-Field Position Sequence

It is used to update the data at a specific position

<CSI>n<HPA> 

2. Character Repetition

It is used to save bandwidth by replacing strings of the same repeated character with a special short sequence:

<char><CSI>n<REP>

For more information, please refer to this How to retrieve page-based data using Tick History REST API article.

1582862267015.png (56.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for the answer, that was the information I was looking for.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @Michael Moore

Please refer to section 2. Partial field update in How to parse page-based data using Elektron SDK Java article. The section explains the format of partial field update.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.