question

Upvotes
Accepted
401 21 25 35

VPI with external contributions via MLIP and Contex

Anyone tested VPI with external contributions via MLIP (Reuters Marketlink IP) and/or Contex? I’ve tested VPI for internal publishing via NIP and with ATS but I’ve heard some doubt expressed whether VPI extends to external contributions to IDN via MLIP and Contex.

I assumed that as long as the items being contributed have the required fields available on IDN then VPI should populate the fields with userId on contribution and they can be tracked via subscription back from IDN. I can’t think of any reason why that should not be the case but haven’t tested myself. Can anyone confirm?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetreprfaCONTEX
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
301 14 33 39

It is not as simple as that. I have had the same thought earlier . But not all RICs has the common FIDs to contain VPI information. So if clients pages or Rics are required to track . Then you can not have both on one MLIP.

If pages are required then that’s an issue. Perhaps the solution is to do everything internally with VPI tracking (ATS or NIP) and then have Contex subscribe to the internally published data and contribute externally. I wonder if we have a tested use case solution out there? Can anyone advise?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.